Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Illustration: Dark Hallways


I should not have drawn this.

There's so much writing stacked up for me to work on right now: Concerning Bycatch is still running full steam, paving the way for writing full length novels of my own; I've officially begun work on Aunt Lira's Stuffy which I intend to publish by the end of the year; and there's a whole shoal of short stories floating around my head just waiting to be preened and polished for submission to various writing magazines.  So of course I work on art. I mean, it only counts as procrastination if you have nothing to show for it, right?


This piece is actually the back-drop for a much bigger project.  I'll lay out more details when I get around to working on it properly, but for now, I'll just say it's another animation attempt. Even though I really didn't have time to be making stuff like this now I'm glad to have it done. It moves the project from the realm of 'potentially good idea' to 'project to be done in the future' even if it takes a while to get around to it. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and even that small shift feels very good.







Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
What are you interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment